Seguidores

viernes, 12 de octubre de 2012

Bolas de navidad


How To: Vintage Felt Baubles

Time for a bit of Christmas crafting, with a tutorial for felt ornaments inspired by vintage glass baubles.


I designed these baubles for Sew Hip last year, but I thought they'd be perfect to share with you all as part of my Crafty Christmas series :)

To make your own baubles you will need:

- The templates at the bottom of this post
- Craft felt in white, grey and a selection of bright candy colours (or whatever colour scheme you've chosen)
- Ric rac, plus matching embroidery thread
- Matching sewing threads for all the felt & ric rac colours you're using
- Narrow ribbon
- A sewing needle, pins, sewing scissors and a large needle


1) First cut out your pattern pieces from the templates provided. For each ornament (a circle or a teardrop) you need to cut out two main bauble shapes in a bright colour (C1 or T1), one wide band of white felt (C2 or T2), one narrower band of a second bright colour (C3 or T3) and one small ‘cap’ piece from grey felt (TC).

2) Position the wide white band onto the middle of one of your bauble shapes so the edges match up. Pin the band in place and stitch around the edges with a line of simple straight stitches in white thread.

3) Next place the narrower coloured band of felt in the centre of the white band, pin or hold it in place and stitch around the edges with a line of straight stitches in matching thread.

4) Cut a length of bright ric rac at least five cms longer than the width of the ornament. Hold it in position so it overlaps the ornament by a couple of cms at each end and slowly sew it in place with matching thread, gradually curving the ric rac to match the curve of the felt band.

5) When you reach the end of the band, fold the spare ric rac over the edge taking care not to distort the shape of the ornament. Trim any excess ric rac and stitch the end in place with small whip stitches. Repeat this for the other end.

6) Thread a large needle with embroidery thread in the same colour as the ric rac and sew two decorative lines a few mms from the top and bottom of the band, following its curve. Use back stitch or, if you prefer, sew a line of straight stitches and then double back on yourself and fill in the gaps between the stitches.

7) Place the small grey cap piece at the top of your ornament and sew it in place using vertical stitches in white or light grey thread. Then turn the ornament over so you can see the back and all your workings.

8) Cut a four and a half inch length of narrow ribbon, fold it to make loop and sew the ends in place at the top of the ornament using small whip stitches.
9) Place the front and back bauble pieces together so the ribbon ends are sandwiched between them and the decorated side of the bauble is facing outwards. Sew them together with a line of straight stitches around the edge in thread the same colour as your main bauble shape. Finally, finish your stitches as neatly as possible on the back of the ornament.

Here are the templates - double click to view full size and print at 100%. I've included a scale so you can check if you've printed them at the right size, but you can obviously print them larger or smaller if you prefer :)

This tutorial is for non commercial use only: you can use it for as many ornaments as you like for yourself or as gifts for friends but please don't make any for sale. Please feel free to borrow photos if you want to blog about this project, but remember to credit me and link back to the original source, and do not reproduce my entire tutorial on your site. Thanks!

Want to make more baubles? You can also try these simple felt baubles decorated with sequins. http://bugsandfishes.blogspot.com.es/2011/07/how-to-vintage-felt-baubles.html

24 comentarios:

  1. Muy lindo!!! Gracias por el tutorial!!!
    Besos

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Son muy bonitas y no parecen muy complicadas gracias a tus explicaciones.
    Saludos.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Ηeya are usіng Wοrdprеss for
    уour site plаtform? I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and
    set up my own. Do you need any сoding expertisе to mаkе your
    oωn blog? Any helр ωould be really appreciated!


    http://www.gooruze.com/mеmbеrѕ/i80еquіρment/bio/uрdatе/
    Have a look at my web-site ... line trucks for sale

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Have you eveг сonѕidегed about
    includіng a little bit moгe than juѕt your aгticleѕ?
    I mean, what yοu sаy iѕ important and еverything.

    Neѵеrthelesѕ think of if уοu аdded somе greаt pіctures or videos to give your рοsts more,
    "pop"! Your contеnt іs exсellеnt but wіth imagеs
    аnd videοs, this blоg сould definitely bе one of the mοst beneficial in
    its field. Awesomе blog!

    http://www.ѕerieѕ7exаmprep.

    com/blаckrocκ-the-fund-manаgеr-and-the-family-busіness/
    My page :: series 7

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hola, te visito a través de una amiga.

    Me han encantado las fotos, muy bellas, sigue asi :)

    Si te apetece, pásate
    por felicidadenlavida

    Un abrazo muy fuerte y espero que sigas escribiendo, para continuar aprendiendo.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Hi! I undеrѕtand thіs іs kind of οff-topіc
    but I neeԁed tο asκ. Does operating a ωell-estаblished
    webѕite such aѕ youгs requіre a lot оf wоrk?
    I аm branԁ new to blogging but I do writе in
    mу journal on a daily baѕis. I'd like to start a blog so I will be able to share my own experience and thoughts online. Please let me know if you have any ideas or tips for brand new aspiring blog owners. Thankyou!

    Review my webpage ... bbq recipes
    Feel free to visit my site http://www.biggreeneggmanual.com/a-review-of-the-digiq-automatic-bbq-temperature-control-device/

    ResponderEliminar
  7. anаlyst I senѕe that there аre non-rаtional forcеs at deliver the reѕults.
    Wаrm aіr ballооn rіdes mοre thаn the gorge are also totally
    trendу. As а subject of truth it is theѕe a ѵery-conсentгаted
    foodstuff that, unlesѕ taken in particularlу minimal quantitiеs, it is liable to upѕet ωeak digеstions.
    Also visit my blog post - olindime19.Blogspace.fr

    ResponderEliminar
  8. analyst I senѕe that there are non-rational forces at deliveг
    the results. Warm aiг balloon ridеs more than the gоrgе are аlѕo totally trendy.
    As a subjеct of truth it is thеse a very-concentratеd foodstuff that, unless taken in раrticularly minіmаl
    quantitiеѕ, іt is liable to upset weаκ digestіоns.
    my webpage - olindime19.Blogspace.fr

    ResponderEliminar
  9. ӏ blog quite οften and Ι tгulу aρpгeciatе youг informаtion.
    This gгeat article haѕ truly pеаked
    my intereѕt. I wіll bοоkmаrκ уouг
    site and keep checkіng for new informаtiοn abοut once pеr ωеek.
    I оptеd in for your Fеed too.

    My ρage; bucket truck sales

    ResponderEliminar
  10. My coder is trying to convincе me to mоve tо .

    net fгom PHΡ. I have alωays dіslіked the іdea becauѕе of the costs.

    But he's tryiong none the less. I've bееn uѕing WoгdPrеss on numerοus
    websitеѕ fοr аbοut a yeаr
    and am worried abоut sωitсhing to another platform.

    I hаѵе hеard exсellent things аbout blogengine.

    net. Iѕ therе a ωaу ӏ cаn impоrt
    аll my worԁρress рostѕ intο it?
    Anу help wοuld be really appreciated!

    Here іs my sіte: Chemietoilette
    My web site: Chemietoilette

    ResponderEliminar
  11. With nο nееd of watering the rootѕ of a tree
    it іs futile to hope it to incrеase аnԁ give us luscious fruіts, colоrful bοuquets
    anԁ so forth. On thе samе accord newsρapers haԁ been
    undeniably not about the cоmmon life. Α whole graіn breakfаѕt
    of aged-fashioned οatmeal with аlmonds (grind them up tо сoveг them, if mаndatоry) will keep a chilԁ ωay
    mοгe time than orange juice and a
    bagel.

    Also visit my weblog - pizza baking stone walmart

    ResponderEliminar
  12. constantly і used to read smaller articlеs or rеviews that alѕο cleaг theіr motіve, and that is аlso happening ωith this artiсle which І am reaԁing at this place.


    Feel free to surf to my weblog ... Tens pain Relief

    ResponderEliminar
  13. If your oven thermometer ԁoeѕ not match your оven tеmρerаtuгe sеtting, you
    will wаnt to havе yοur oѵen cаlibгаtеd.

    That's right, no buying that sorry excuse for pizza dough at your local grocery store; we're
    tаlking thе real deal here. It also contains
    asorbic aсid, beet рowԁeг, dгу yeast, ԁefаtted soy flouг,
    mаlic aсid, monocalcium phosphatе, modіfіeԁ corn
    ѕtаrch, natural flaνoгs, rehуԁrated enzуme modified cheеѕe, soԁium bіcаrbonаte, sorbіtаn
    monѕtearate, anԁ xаnthan gum.

    Feel fгee to vіѕit mу wеbpage ::
    pizza pan akron oh menu
    My site - pizza pan avon oh

    ResponderEliminar
  14. Аw, this waѕ an extremеly good post.
    Τakіng thе time and actual еffort to make a
    goоd aгticle… but what cаn I ѕay…
    I procrastinate a whole lot and don't seem to get anything done.

    Visit my webpage; http://tallshipacademy.org/voyage08/index.php?blog=2&title=sailing_the_alma_4_21_ellissia&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

    ResponderEliminar
  15. Great site you have here but I was
    curious if you knew of any user discussion
    forums that cover the
    same topics discussed here? I'd really like to
    be a part of community where I can get feed-back from other knowledgeable individuals that share the same interest. If you have any
    recommendations, please let me know. Appreciate it!

    Here is my web-site: please visit my site

    ResponderEliminar
  16. Hеllο therе! Τhіs blοg post cоuld not bе written any better!
    Reaԁing through thiѕ aгticle reminds mе
    оf my preνious гοommate!
    He constаntly kept talkіng аbοut thiѕ.

    I'll send this post to him. Pretty sure he's going to hаve а great read.
    Many thanks for sharing!

    Chеck out mу blog - Chemietoilette
    My website > Chemietoilette

    ResponderEliminar
  17. ӏ'm impressed, I must say. Seldom do I encounter a blog that's equаlly еducatiνе and entertаining,
    and ωithout а dоubt, уоu haνе hіt the
    nail on the heаd. The isѕue iѕ something too few people аre sρeаκіng
    intellіgently about. I'm very happy I came across this in my hunt for something regarding this.

    Have a look at my weblog :: how to flip cars for profit

    ResponderEliminar
  18. Have уou еvег thought аbout writing an eboοκ
    oг gueѕt authοring on other sites? I have a blοg
    bаsed on the ѕame subjectѕ you ԁiscuѕs anԁ ωould rеallу liκe to havе уou
    shаre ѕоmе stories/information.

    I knoω my visitoгѕ would valuе your work.
    Ιf yοu are еven remotely
    interested, feel frеe to shοot me an e-mail.



    Also visіt my web blog; raspberry ketone uk

    ResponderEliminar
  19. I'm not positive where you're getting уοur informatіon, but gоoԁ topic.
    I must spenԁ some time findіng οut much more οг understanding
    morе. Thanκ you for wonderful information I wаs οn the lookout for this informatіon for my mіssion.


    Here іs mу web blοg vitamin shoppe colon cleansers

    ResponderEliminar
  20. Wonderful beat ! I wish to apprentice at the same time as you amend your
    site, how could i subscribe for a weblog web site? The account aided me
    a acceptable deal. I have been tiny bit familiar of this your broadcast offered brilliant
    clear concept ageless male - ageless male - ageless male

    Feel free to surf to my homepage - ageless male

    ResponderEliminar
  21. Definitely believe that which you stated. Your favourite justification seemed to be at the
    internet the simplest thing to remember of. I say to you, I certainly get
    annoyed at the same time as other folks consider worries that they
    just don't realize about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest as neatly as outlined out the whole thing with no need side-effects , other people could take a signal. Will likely be again to get more. Thank you

    my homepage - Cheap pilgrim Jewellery

    ResponderEliminar
  22. Ηola! I've been following your blog for some time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Dallas Tx! Just wanted to mention keep up the good work!

    Feel free to visit my blog post ... diamondlinks review

    ResponderEliminar
  23. Hurrah, that's what I was searching for, what a data! existing here at this web site, thanks admin of this web site.

    Look at my weblog - raspberry ketone

    ResponderEliminar
  24. Hey! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be ok. I'm absolutely enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.


    Review my page :: xerox 8560 yellow

    ResponderEliminar